Tuesday, August 26, 2008

IT'S ALIVE!!!!!


The Blog is alive! Many years ago, yes, two years BEFORE Mr. Glenn was born, the thriller movie The Blob made its appearance on the silver screen. I know...Blob...Blog...I just thought it was a good way to kick things off on the blog as I begin my adventure. You can check up on what I am doing and where I am working, and you can even let me know how things are going in Salt Lake City. Please check the blog regularly!

For now, I hope that you pursue academic excellence by working hard in the first semester. Remember, the world desperately needs intelligent, thoughtful and wise young men and women!

Sapere Aude!

Who will be the first to translate the Blog's title??

And for more fun, check out this clip from The Blob:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Musically, "The Blob" was the 1st motion picture scored by a then unknown Henry Mancini. Beware of the Blob! Ooooh!!

Matthew Yost said...

Translate the title!?!? I thought that was the long line of text right beneath it... Only kidding, it's great that the blog is back. And I hope you (Mr. Glenn) aren't comparing the beginning of your adventure to the blob... That might be the beginning of the teenage 'adventure,' (you know, eating everything in sight, getting really big, losing your... 'cuteness,' etc.)

Matthew Yost said...

hmm... In searching an online latin dictionary (although admittedly perhaps not the best source), the closest match I could find for 'sapere' is in relation to sapiens, wisdom, or saepe, which seems to mean 'frequently' or 'hedge'. Aude seems to be 'to dare' or 'to have courage,' or perhaps some form of 'to hear.'

So, I conclude either 'HEAR WISDOM' or 'BE COURAGEOUS FREQUENTLY.' Close?

Chris H. said...

I love Steve McQueen! He was in "The Great Escape" and "The Sand Pebbles!" (You probably know both of those, Mr. Glenn, they are classics). I hope you are ineed injoying your respite in Mexico and hope to see you soon!

Anonymous said...

i miss you already mr. glenn!! and doesn't the translation mean dare to be wise? the 8th grade girls are in tears your not teaching us in theology right now! its not the same!! and lets hope the blog stays alive! *crosses fingers*

Anonymous said...

Dang.... Mr. Glenn, I just heard that you aren't at MCS right now. News travels slowly to those of us with no siblings and totally out of the Catholic School system. Haha. Anyways, sevies and now eighties. Whom I might still refer to as sevies because its weird to call them eighth graders... Anyways. If any of you come to West, Mr. Glenn's class has helped me so much. Seriously. Pay attention.