Thursday, September 18, 2008

Getting Ready for Guadalajara

I am packing and making final preparations for my departure to Guadalajara on Saturday morning. I am enthusiastic, but a little apprehensive about being on the other side of the classroom -- I will be a student again!

Guadalajara was founded in 1531, and is one of the three largest cities in Mexico. It boasts a beautiful cathedral (where I hope to make connections with our cathedral!)and serves as the capital city of the state of Jalisco. It is also home to the popular soccer (football) team Chivas - when you see Fr. Omar next be sure to tell him that you are a Chivas fan!

I'll begin posting in Mexico when I get settled. Please know that I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. When you say your prayers, please remember Francisco Moreno, a young man in our church who is very sick.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck in Guadalajara! You will be missed lots at the choir school but we will look forward to you coming back! Best wishes! ~Eliza Grainger~

Anonymous said...

Have fun!!!

Anonymous said...

hi mr. glenn!!! We hope you are having a good trip! this is katherine and jackie and this is an update. we miss you so so so so so so sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!!! u are the best teacher ever!!!!! theology is not the same without you and we cant wait to see you again. jackie's family just sold their house and bought another in monroe, connecticut and i will see you in spain! Katherine says: COME BACK!!!!! PLEASE!!! I MISS YOU!!!!!! anyways, we love u so so so much.
~Katherine moser and jackie baden

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your excited! hope everything goes well! we miss you sooo sooo soo much and cant wait to see you before spain! hope your flight went well!
-Mo&Olivia

Matthew Yost said...

what's with the 'anonymous'?