Monday, September 8, 2008

Hope's Temporary Paradise

One of the great side benefits of Hope's visit with my parents while I am in Mexico will be here new position as chief of security for my parent's back yard and garden.






Hope is already fully engaged in her new position, ridding my mother's yard of various pest and intruders, including Leporidae (aka bunny rabbits), Sciuridae (squirrels), Fringillidae (sparrows), Cyanocitta Strickland 1845 (blue jays) and more. It is a big job, but she is totally committed to a fine performance.


We have already had one slip however -- these two Anas platyrhynchos Linnaeus 1758 (aka Ducks) slipped into the fringe of the garden. I am sure a prompt response occurred upon their discovery...


They were probably headed for the recently ripened blueberry bush, or maybe the corn...

3 comments:

Chris H. said...

I believe that I must show a great appreciation to this forward-moving blog that has sprung to life in the past weeks. I find this place not only as a timeline of Mr. Glenn's usually humorous stories, but also as a place of great spiritual and historical bounty; a place to enrich the soul and mind. A little heavy-handed, I admit, but I believe that it is very kind of Mr. Glenn to do this.

Anonymous said...

ahhh Mr. Glenn! your doggie is so darling! at our choral thing yesterday we were lucky enough to hear a really wonderful speaker and it made me think of you. you would have enjoyed it. hope all is well!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mr Glenn, I like your Hope stories. Please write more!