Wednesday, January 3, 2007

!!Forgery Eradicator!!


Looks pretty tough, doesn't he? Well, this is Lorenzo Valla, who in the fifteenth century determined that a very crucial papal document was actually a fraud. What is the document, who is thought to be the real source, and what effect did this document have on church-state relations in the Medieval period? And how do you think this document contributed to the schism between the Orthodox and the Catholic Church? Let me hear from you - Sapere aude!

9 comments:

Matthew Yost said...

I like his hat.

Matthew

Maad Markisss said...

yah kinda a big nose, but his hat and cool fur thingy makes up for it. :)

$miles$ said...

ya for sure...we should show his outfit to paolo!...he would like it:)

Gregory Glenn said...

He has quite the schnoze, although this kind of thing runs in my family as well (my grandmother had one!)

Paola has always advocated 'retro' so I think you are probably right!

Mr. Glenn

Patrick said...

Mr. Glenn,
Hope you got my post last pm about me wanting Avicennes. Could you tell me today so I can do my research?

Jessicaita said...

Mr. Glenn, you don't really know anyone named Paolo do you? lol That is one strange hat and nose. I feel bad that your grandmother had a very large nose, I bet she was made fun of. lol

Jessicaita said...

How did you meet Paolo if you really do know him? Was he you college roomate??!! lol

I Have Too Many Names said...

He has a large nose and probably is wearing a fur coat. I don't like him.

matti of sveden dat funny guy said...

looks he could seriously hurt anyone he pleases. Really big nose. He could walk into a church and cause a schism by himself!!